Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Marital what???!!??

Today was the first day in my 4-8 week journey through marital counseling....which I am doing alone.

Hubby doesn't believe in counseling, nor does he believe in "mental" drugs, therefore I am trekking this journey alone. (Consistently praying he will choose to accompany me)

We discussed paperwork today, first meeting, wanted to make sure everything is clear...especially since it's $80/hour. I've heard good things about this counselor though, so high hopes!!

I will keep everyone posted on my progress...so far I've learned I have abandonment issues...so that's my goal...praying and working on abandonment issues as well as trust issues.

Pray for me please!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a "friend" of yours from Gather, and I saw your post and wanted to follow along on your journey through counseling. My husband and I went through some tough times about a year and a half ago, and while we never did go to counseling, it was suggested many times. I'm not sure that I could face it alone. I think you are very brave for doing so, and I hope to hear how it has helped you in your life and in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what the government says about my religious rights. I pray in school regardless. I'm a Roman Catholic who believes we have a right to religion under the constitution.

    ReplyDelete