Thursday, July 9, 2009

Frustrating Friendships

Have you ever been so confused about why someone you care for does something so blatantly bad for them? Or how someone could be so dis-respectful? Lie to your face? Make up stories? I have!

I have 2 good friends who consistently do this. For the sake of privacy I will change their names.

My first friend I am frustrated with is Hannah. Hannah lives about an hour away which makes it a little difficult to see eachother often, however when she needs me I am there. For instance last night she needed me at 9 PM so without a question or anything in return I jumped in my car and drove for an hour to pick her up and drive another hour home so she could get out of the situation she was in.

I am under the impression that the situation she is in is so bad that she wants to stay for awhile, obviously mistaken however because she had someone else pick her up a few minutes ago to take her back home. (This is not the first time this has happened so I know the following is untrue) She said that she would be back tomorrow evening.

I went to pick her up because she said that she didn't have any food, 2 guys tried to take advantage of her, she had no money, and all of her "friends" were taking advantage of her...a.k.a. walking all over her. I of course went to pick my starving abused friend up to give her a safe haven, all the while giving her advice about how she should not let her friends do such things...and that she really needed to put her foot down and also to take a break from her hometown....and yet she still went back not even 24 hours later....hmm....

That's totally confusing....

2 comments:

  1. very confusing indeed. But first let me say that your friend "Hannah" is very very lucky to have such a generous, loyal friend.

    I obviously don´t know details, but is it possible to talk openly with her? Tell her your concerns, that you feel a bit taken advantage of at times?

    Anyway, enjoy your posts and will continue to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello just read your post I know how you feel. I am the same way. I will bend over backwards to help someone else no matter what the cast is to me. I have found you cant always save the ones that dont want to be saved. It is an attention thing. I do it all the time and run myself in to the ground. Then I beat myself up that I fell for it again, Why do I let people walk all over me. I am doing what we are called to do as Christians. But we were not called to be walked over. And to be an enabler.
    smiles
    B
    http://imbeatnbroken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete